It’s no secret to anyone who knows me that I’m a total marketing geek. (I’m also a Star Trek freak and a Dr. Who nerd, but that’s another story.) Luckily I’m not the only Fort Worth marketing geek. This month I’m teaming up with some of my favorite co-geeks and our friends at Knowledge for Success (KFS) to put on the first KFS Summit for small business Online Marketing Success.
This is going to be a solution-packed all day event, starting at 9am on Friday, October 28th at KFS (2701 W. Berry, Fort Worth, TX 76109).
While I’m thrilled to be participating as a teacher, I’m just as amped to attend all the online marketing tips being presented. The sessions include:
- Killer Keywords: Find the Keywords you Need and the Ones Your Competitors Leave Behind
- The Changing Face of Facebook: New Changes, Pages, Events, Ads, and more
- Getting Linked: Create and Use LinkedIn Profiles & Pages for Business
- Content is King: How the Words You Use Can Make (or Kill) Your Sale
- Reach More, Do More: Branching out beyond Facebook, LinkedIn, & Twitter
- Rockstar Videos: Tap Into the Magic of YouTube & Multimedia
- Managing Your Online Presence: What, Where, When, Why, & How to Manage Your Online Marketing
I’ll be covering (you guessed it) Content is King. This is a class I’ve been meaning to create for ages to help those of you who can’t seem to wrap your heads around creating content for your websites and marketing materials. Some of the material I’ll cover includes:
- Why the way most business create a marketing piece is backwards
- How to avoid the most common mistakes people make when writing content
- Why the most important page on your website usually says just the opposite of what it should
- Tools to help you get the words out of your head and onto the page
- The two things you never want to leave out
- And more
One of my favorite marketing co-geeks (Paula Hill with Strategic Online Solutions) is doing Killer Keywords and Reach More, Do More. Having worked with Paula on projects that cover these topics I know the information is going to be top-notch.
Our local authority on all things Facebook (Julia Lilly of 360Amin) is going to be covering all the wacky changes Facebook has been going through, and how they affect your business listings. I know I’ll be typing feverishly during this one.
I don’t have a lot of details for the remaining sessions, but if they are like the others I’m sure they will be loaded with ways to save time and make money.
Pricing for the individual sessions is $25, but you can get the whole day for only $99 (and it even includes lunch.) Seating is limited for this & we expect it to sell out so register now.
Hope to see you there!